Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    Yeah I'm lazy, but really would like to know. Any of you Milan fans out there not put off by our forum following last game want to give us an update?

Big question, who do you expect to play trequartista?

Is Pato/robinho fit?

Who will play right wing for Gattuso? Who will play defensive mid?

Thanks much to anyone who has some news ( @Revolution ).
    Last edited by Dustin; 07-03-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Their midfield has been decimated by injuries, suspensions and cup-tied players.
    Pirlo and Ambrosini are injured.
    KPB is doubtful, sprained his ankle vs Juve last weekend.
    van Bommel and Emanuelson are cup-tied.
    Gattuso is suspended.

This leaves them with Seedorf, Flamini and two young players in Strasser and Merkel.

Thiago Silva may be called to play in midfield again, most probably alongside Seedorf and Flamini.

This would leave them with a back 4 of (From R to L) Abate, Nesta, Yepes and Jankulovski, with Abbiati in goal.

Most probably the attacking trident of Pato, Robinho and Ibrahimovic will start.

Edit - spoke to a friend of mine, and he told me that their two LBs, Antonini and Zambrotta are both fit.

Most likely - Milan will line up like this:
    Abbiati - Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta/Antonini - Seedorf, Flamini, Jankulovski/Merkel - Pato, Ibra, Robinho
    Last edited by CmonyouSpurs; 07-03-2011 at 11:57 AM.

3. Who Thanked this post

Dustin (08-03-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I'm lazy, but really would like to know. Any of you Milan fans out there not put off by our forum following last game want to give us an update?

Big question, who do you expect to play trequartista?

Is Pato/robinho fit?

Who will play right wing for Gattuso? Who will play defensive mid?

Thanks much to anyone who has some news ( @Revolution ).
    CmonyouSpurs has it pretty much spot on here

Quote Originally Posted by CmonyouSpurs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their midfield has been decimated by injuries, suspensions and cup-tied players.
    Pirlo and Ambrosini are injured.
    KPB is doubtful, sprained his ankle vs Juve last weekend.
    van Bommel and Emanuelson are cup-tied.
    Gattuso is suspended.

This leaves them with Seedorf, Flamini and two young players in Strasser and Merkel.

Thiago Silva may be called to play in midfield again, most probably alongside Seedorf and Flamini.

This would leave them with a back 4 of (From R to L) Abate, Nesta, Yepes and Jankulovski, with Abbiati in goal.

Most probably the attacking trident of Pato, Robinho and Ibrahimovic will start.

Edit - spoke to a friend of mine, and he told me that their two LBs, Antonini and Zambrotta are both fit.

Most likely - Milan will line up like this:
    Abbiati - Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta/Antonini - Seedorf, Flamini, Jankulovski/Merkel - Pato, Ibra, Robinho
    Zambrotta/Antonini however have just returned from injuries, Zambrotta's being somewhat lengthy, so its doubtful either of them might start. If one of them is fit, they will start at LB and Janku will probably start in the midfield. There are rumors of Seedorf being played in the center mid rather than moving Tsilva up into that position again. Most likely Flamini will be on the right side in Gattuso's spot. There have also been talks of playing one of our CBs (Sokratis) in the defensive mid position, which would be much better IMO than playing Seedorf, however I doubt that will be true.

Pato and Binho are both very much fit, Pato had a fever or a flu or something during the match against Juve so he wasn't on the bench, but he definitely will play midweek.

5. These users say thanks for this post

CmonyouSpurs (07-03-2011),Hidden (09-03-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Thanks fellas for the replies.

I do somehow remember Jankulovski playing on the wing back in his younger years, sounds to me like your team is going to be relying on the class of your front three pull it off on their own. With our present defense that could be a possibility.

I'm especially worried about Ibra drifting out to space on the left of the penatly box when milan get the ball on the attack, I've seen him do that in several games I have watched and he has made goals out of an otherwise tight defense that way. The way hutton plays off his man in that situation it could mean trouble for us.

Milan know they have to attack, and with our horses fit again it has the potential to turn into a hell of a game.
    Last edited by Dustin; 08-03-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Legend !

Status
    An update from today:

KPB actually trained with the team, although that doesn't change the fact that he is highly doubtful. It also seems likely that Antonini will start at LB.

Probable Formation - Abbiati - Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini - Seedorf, Flamini, Merkel/Jankulovski/(Boateng if fit) - Pato, Ibra, Robinho.

Legend !

Status
    Wait so Seedorf will be dropped back to play a deeper center mid? Does he usually do that? Would seem that Seedorf and Merkel as CMs would be soft defensively. I thought either seadorf or robinho would play that creator roll back between Pato and Ibra. Previously we just had to shut down that creator roll to cut off ac milan's strikers, but with seedorf supporting robinho in the middle this may be more difficult.

Status
    VDV is back and Charlie is OK to play , Bale is 50-50 but I think he will start .

Everyone on SSN says Spurs will go through .

Legend !

Status
    KPB will play tomorrow, he came through training unscathed and Allegri said he will pick him.

Legend !

Status
    Boateng will get an interesting reception, he better not bloody score against us that would be typical.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter