Register To Comment
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Status
    Well, this is it one more hurdle to get into the next round of the Champions League and I feel we'll get a result to see us through. While our result today might have been a bit disappointing to most there were some very good positives to see from the game. Ex, strikers (Defoe) getting some confidence going into this game as well as Bale coming back and playing with no set backs, as of now (fingers crossed).

So with this game being at Lane we have definitely proven that were difficult to beat and have looked very very good in our past CL games this season at home. The lead we bring over from the first leg is a very tricky one to play with, some may prefer to defend our lead but IMO we have to take this game as if its 0-0 from the first leg. Complacency will only set us back in this game so we need to get out and attack from the off which Harry has said he will do.

We go 4 4 2 if VDV is out (which I think he will be on the bench to start since he trained Friday with the first team but seeing him not play today put some doubt in my mind). With Charlie full fit he will take the place of Hutton. I hope that our CBs and Disco show up to play as well because all 4 will be needed, as well Gomes but I'm not one to batter him when he gets the bulk of the blame at times.

So here's my XI

Bale comes back in and I'm assuming he'll start on the left but as I said earlier I think it's a possibility to see him and Lennon switch wings from time to time during this game. I want Sandro to keep his place in the team, he's earned it and has gotten better and better ever since the first leg of this tie.

-------------Gomes--------------

Charlie--Gallas--Daws--BAE

Lennon--Sandro--Modric--Bale

---------------VDV--------------

-------------Crouch------------

Subs: Cudicini, Bassong, Palacios, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Defoe, Pav

and I see that I have used my maximum of 7 subs so I dont know who to replace VDV with but I feel we can still beat Milan without Rafa.

As far as Milan goes, they will certainly make some changes from our first game and their game this past weekend. They started with Marek Jankulovski in their back 4 this past weekend with Silva/Nesta as their CB pairing and Abate at RB. This was due to Van Bommel at DM (he's cup tied) so I'm expecting to see Silva pushed up to DM as he was in Milan Yepes returning at the back for them and possibly Antonini but he picked up an injury a few weeks back so I dont know if he'll feature. Boateng picked up an injury this past weekend and is a major doubt to play on Wednesday which also helps us out. Threat of Ibra/Robinho is always there and if we can deal with them then we should be alright, Pato wasnt on the bench for them this past weekend so I dont know if hes injured.

We can definitely finish this lot of and I'm feeling confident with getting a result COYS!
    Last edited by spursman18; 08-03-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As far as Milan goes, they will certainly make some changes from our first game and their game this past weekend. They started with Marek Jankulovski in their back 4 this past weekend with Silva/Nesta as their CB pairing and Abate at RB. This was due to Van Bommel at DM (he's cup tied) so I'm expecting to see Silva pushed up to DM as he was in Milan Yepes returning at the back for them and possibly Antonini but he picked up an injury a few weeks back so I dont know if he'll feature. Boateng picked up an injury this past weekend and is a major doubt to play on Wednesday which also helps us out. Threat of Ibra/Robinho is always there and if we can deal with them then we should be alright, Pato wasnt on the bench for them this past weekend so I dont know if hes injured.
    There's a high chance of seeing Tsilva back in midfield and Nesta-Yepes CB pairing because of our midfield injuries. Most likely Janku will start at LB unless Antonini is fit in which case Janku might be in the midfield.

Boateng most likely will not make the leg, he seemed fine after the injury happened in the first half, but then he was subbed out at the half, so that's not a good sign.

Pato had a fever or the flu or something which is why he wasn't on the bench against Juve, he will play on wednesday

EDIT: Boateng was diagnosed with an ankle distortion, so he won't be making it if that's the case.
    Last edited by Revolution; 07-03-2011 at 03:40 AM.

3. Who Thanked this post

spursman18 (07-03-2011)

Status
    This article suggests maybe Allegri will drop Seedorf back rather than moving Silva up:

Milan lifted by form but worried by injuries before Tottenham match | Football | The Guardian

5. Who Thanked this post

spursman18 (07-03-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stroud_jm View Post
    This article suggests maybe Allegri will drop Seedorf back rather than moving Silva up:

Milan lifted by form but worried by injuries before Tottenham match | Football | The Guardian
    It's an idea that's been thrown around, but really it's a ****ing awful idea. Seedorf is only moderately useful if you bring him on as a sub, if you start him, he completely disrupts the flow of play every single time.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stroud_jm View Post

Somewhat in the same situation as we were in the first leg regarding some of their key players being injured/out.....I just hope they dont "rise" to the occasion like our lads did.

Status
    SSN saying that Bale has a slight groin problem, didnt sound as if it would keep him out of Wednesday but its something we'll have to look out for.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    What is with our players coming back from injury only to get injured again.

groany fooker lol

Status
    @ spursman ur line up is ok but id not play hutton, maybe put gallas on the right and put bassong in the centre. i know a lot of people dont rate bassong but last season he and dawson played well together and helped us get the cl spot. i think he deserves a chance

i agree with starting crouchy, he always seems to do well in the cl

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Nothing like Milan turning up at WHL to forget a bad couple of games against Blackpool and Wolves!

Gomes

Hutton
    Gallas
    Dawson
    Assou-Ekotto

Lennon
    Sandro
    Modric
    Bale

Van der Vaart

Crouch

FECKING BOOM! Strongest side we've had in a while. All we are missing is Thudd and thats how I'd start every game.

COOOOOOOOME OOOOOOOOON YOOOOOOOOOOOU SPURRRRRRRRRRRRS!

12. These users say thanks for this post

kkinnevy (07-03-2011),Papa_Pepper (08-03-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I just hope to god we don't try and sit on the 1-0. We're good on the counter, and did that brilliantly in Milan, but the fact still remains that they have a fantastic strike force. I think they'll probably expect us to sit back a bit, I think we should go at them.

Sandro should keep his place, as he was excellent in the first leg, and had a really good game yesterday.

I'm torn with regards to up-front. Van der Vaart behind Crouch sounds like the best way to go, but I kinda feel Pav and Defoe (especially Pav) deserve to play again after what they did yesterday.

I'm most worried by our defence. Its been shocking, conceding 6 against Blackpool and Wolves, now going up against...well, better attacking players then Blackpool and Wolves have lol. To be honest I think we'll make it through, but as its Spurs, its gonna be full of drama.

Legend !

Status
    Has there been any updates on VDV?

groany fooker lol

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancubus View Post
    I just hope to god we don't try and sit on the 1-0. We're good on the counter, and did that brilliantly in Milan, but the fact still remains that they have a fantastic strike force. I think they'll probably expect us to sit back a bit, I think we should go at them.

Sandro should keep his place, as he was excellent in the first leg, and had a really good game yesterday.

I'm torn with regards to up-front. Van der Vaart behind Crouch sounds like the best way to go, but I kinda feel Pav and Defoe (especially Pav) deserve to play again after what they did yesterday.

I'm most worried by our defence. Its been shocking, conceding 6 against Blackpool and Wolves, now going up against...well, better attacking players then Blackpool and Wolves have lol. To be honest I think we'll make it through, but as its Spurs, its gonna be full of drama.
    just my opinion but what did pav do apart from score..... i didnt see anything much of note that warrants him a start on wednesday

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    Nothing like Milan turning up at WHL to forget a bad couple of games against Blackpool and Wolves!

Gomes

Hutton
    Gallas
    Dawson
    Assou-Ekotto

Lennon
    Sandro
    Modric
    Bale

Van der Vaart

Crouch

FECKING BOOM! Strongest side we've had in a while. All we are missing is Thudd and thats how I'd start every game.

Thats the line up! Bring 'em on! If Corluka was healthy he's replace Hutton, who we all know struggled Sunday.

Legend !

Status
    -wrong thread-

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post

Gomes

Hutton
    Gallas
    Dawson
    Assou-Ekotto

Lennon
    Sandro
    Modric
    Bale

Van der Vaart

Crouch

You'd start Hutton ahead of Corluka every game? :/

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter