Register To Comment

Thread: Milan Watch

First Team Player

Status
    Keeping an eye on our next european visitors before the match!

Please post anything about injuries, match results and all that stuff.

Anyway, they managed to rebound from last wednesday with a 2-1 win away to Chievo who are now 13th in the table.

It was 1-1 until the 82nd minute where Pato scored a pretty good goal to give them the lead back. I've got to say he did completely change the game around when he was introduced against us at half time. Definitely going to have to deal with him when he visits the lane...

Chievo ended the game with 10 men due to a 84th minute sending off and overall the game was described as a Milan "romping" to a win in one article while "struggling to get past Chievo" in another. Either way, if it wasn't for Pato's moment of brilliance I'm sure they'd all be thoroughly depressed over there.

They're currently three points clear at the top of the league with Napoli in second and Inter 5 points behind in third. Next week will be a crunch match for them as they play Napoli at home. They'll then be going away to Juventus the week after (Currently 6th and 14 points adrift) before playing us 3 days later.

2. Who Thanked this post

Musashi (21-02-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Their first goal was a handball by Robinho. Overall, they played very badly, even with Cassano and MVB on the team. I'd say the player we need to watch out for is Pato. As long as we dominate the midfield and cut off the supply to their attackers, there should be no problem.

First Team Player

Status
    The introduction of Pato against us did make quite a difference but that was partly due to the removal of Seedorf, who may as well have not been on the pitch, which meant that Robinho dropped into a more midfield role. Of all Milans striker I do think Pato is the most dangerous but it's good to see that they have 2 hard games before playing us again whilst we have another weekend off to prepare.

First Team Player

Status
    Gattuso banned for 4 european games.

Four-match ban for Gattuso | Tottenham Hotspur News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Football | Premier League | Sky Sports

Not really that surprising, or relevant since he was already banned... Thought it would be more though!

First Team Player

Status
    So did Milan, hence why they aren't going to appeal, obviously think he got off lightly.

Banned !

Status
    Their strikers are lazy...they won't retreat back and help out in midfield to defend or even attack. They literally walk around on the pitch until the ball is at their feet. We must, therefore dominate in the midfield!

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by seanydee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So did Milan, hence why they aren't going to appeal, obviously think he got off lightly.
    No, Gattuso asked Milan not to appeal it.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    No, Gattuso asked Milan not to appeal it.
    Why would Milan even consider appealing it though?

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by perstrame View Post
    Why would Milan even consider appealing it though?
    To get a lesser sentence, nearly all appealed cases get reduced to some degree.

THTV Donator

Status
    To get a lesser sentence, nearly all appealed cases get reduced to some degree.
    if that were to get reduced by some work of satan, i would lose all faith in UEFA. He head butted a coach, after choking him...

-edit- that isn't meant to be an attack at you, just my displeasure at that thought.

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Modric, level 25 magician View Post
    if that were to get reduced by some work of satan, i would lose all faith in UEFA. He head butted a coach, after choking him...

-edit- that isn't meant to be an attack at you, just my displeasure at that thought.
    No I understand, but it seems like just about whenever anything appealed UEFA reduce the sentence.

On a side note something's been bothering me lately. It seems fans are citing how much better Tottenham played against Milan as an example of their dominance or as an example of Milan's patheticness, but at the same time fans are also saying how great an accomplishment it was to beat Milan. It can't be both ways. Milan played like **** and Blackpool would've beaten us when we play like that. (Not necessarily on the forums but in general between people I know and articles and things like that)

First Team Player

Status
    No I understand, but it seems like just about whenever anything appealed UEFA reduce the sentence.

On a side note something's been bothering me lately. It seems fans are citing how much better Tottenham played against Milan as an example of their dominance or as an example of Milan's patheticness, but at the same time fans are also saying how great an accomplishment it was to beat Milan. It can't be both ways. Milan played like **** and Blackpool would've beaten us when we play like that. (Not necessarily on the forums but in general between people I know and articles and things like that)
    On the first issue he also would be running the risk of an increased sentence if his appeal were viewed unfavourably.

On the second note. In the second half Milan were easily the better side, dominating possession and territory for the first 30 minutes of the half, Spurs just defended resolutely and Gomes pulled off a couple of great saves. Based on the second half perfomances the tie is by no means over but hopefully, from a Spurs fans point of view, the absence of Gattuso will have a profound effect on Milan's ability to win and retain the ball, as was evident after his booking for.

Legend !

Status
    Milan is playing Napoli today. Let's see a Cavani hattrick.

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Milan is playing Napoli today. Let's see a Cavani hattrick.
    Great prediction..

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter