Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

THTV Donator

Status
    Our resident forum member, @Revolution has volunteered to answer your questions in the lead up to our Champions League match against AC Milan.

Please post your questions here (and not to revolution) by Thursday 10 February 2011

I'll collate the best (and sensible ones hint hint ) for Revolution to answer.

Thanks to @Revolution for volunteering....

2. These users say thanks for this post

Dustin (08-02-2011),spursfast (07-02-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    What's the best way to get to the ground from the city centre and roughly how long does it take?

4. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (07-02-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Question 1 (a very hard one): What similarities do you see between Pirlo and Modric, and what do you think Modric could learn most from Pirlo?

Question 2 (game related): Could you give us an updated list of Milan players fit to play and could you put them in the formation with starters/cover you most suspect them to play?

Question 3 (game related): Can you discuss how Milan uses (or does not) width in their attack and how they adjust their play to defend a team like spurs who use primarily width and speed on the flanks?

Thanks for answering the Qs!

6. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (08-02-2011)

THTV Donator

Status
    My question:

Do you think the playing surface of the San Siro will have any effect upon the result?

8. Who Thanked this post

Legend !

Status
    I have one, how's the 'Ghetto Prince' gettin on?

10. Who Thanked this post

Legend !

Status
    how do you feel about sharing a stadium with your biggest rivals? considering it was your stadium first?

is anything happening about either one of you moving stadiums?

12. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (10-02-2011)

Status
    Is the stadium a municipal building , or does one of the clubs own it ? Guiseppe Meazza who the stadium is named after , played mainly for Inter and only briefly for AC , do you never mention his name when speaking of the stadium ?

14. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (10-02-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonds44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how do you feel about sharing a stadium with your biggest rivals? considering it was your stadium first?

is anything happening about either one of you moving stadiums?
    mate, they've been sharing since something like the late 40s. I thought alot of them did, Lazio/Roma, Juventus/Torino, Sampdoria/Genoa

Status
    Do each clubs season ticket holders have separate seats ? Does the home team have priority for that match . How does it work when you play with each other ( ooh er , missus ! )

EDIT: I've just read that when AC play at home it is called the San Siro , and when Inter are at home it is called the Giuseppe Meazza ? True ?
    Last edited by Rev John Ripsher; 08-02-2011 at 01:04 PM.

THTV Donator

Status
    *bump*

Final call

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    *bump*

Final call
    What , nobody ???????

First Team Player

Status
    Ibra,Cass,Robinho,KPB are famous for having personality issues, how are they getting along at AC Milan? Any training ground scuffles?

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NZYid View Post
    Ibra,Cass,Robinho,KPB are famous for having personality issues, how are they getting along at AC Milan? Any training ground scuffles?
    KPB and Ibra are getting along great from what i hear, playstation buddies. Cass seem to love ibra and ibra seem to like cass to alltho you never can tell with ibra.
    Robinho ibra seem to be getting along better and better after they have found each other better on the field they seem to like each other more. I think many of their personaliy issues have been reduced with age. Robinho always seem happy wich i really like about him. Ibra is only happy when the team wins but hes always been like that. Cass really do look like he is enjoying his new club. Still its early days to say anything.

What im more intrested is how ibra - bommel is getting along. They are both very proffesional so i doubt they would get into anything but i wonder how they really feel about one another

Only scuffles i know off was between ibra and the american onoyewo or what whatever his name is, they had a bit of a fight on the ground during practise after a bad tackle from ibra that supposedly pissed of the american.

The squad seem to be gelling but theres alot of new players and alot of the regular with injuries so its still ways to go.

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    Do each clubs season ticket holders have separate seats ? Does the home team have priority for that match . How does it work when you play with each other ( ooh er , missus ! )

EDIT: I've just read that when AC play at home it is called the San Siro , and when Inter are at home it is called the Giuseppe Meazza ? True ?
    Yes.
    The first name of the stadium was San Siro, but Giusseppe Meazza was a great player that played for both team and the stadium was baptized (not renamed) after his dead, but most of his "good years" were when he was playing the blue shirt.

THTV Donator

Status
    Thanks for your questions, here are the answers from @Revolution (hint: you could make out the questions from the answers, unfortunately my PM to Revolution with the questions wasn't saved):

1. The best way would be to take the trams or the metro. The trams stop right by the stadium and the closest metro stop is like a 10 minute walk. Metro will probably be a better choice.

2. They're not that similar, Modric plays much better in an attacking midfield role, while Pirlo is best as a deep lying playmaker or a mezz'ala. The one thing most midfielders could learn from Pirlo is patience and the ability to hold the ball and control the flow of the game.

3. Milan doesn't realy use much width in the attack. You'll see Robinho and Ibra drift wide some times but for the most part all our goals come from the center of the pitch. Against a team like Spurs who use wingers and rely on width. The most notable differences will be the Milan FBs will not venture up as often or as far. In addition, our CMs will drift to their sides and help out. You could see perfect examples of this when Milan played Madrid. Gattuso would drift wide to combat Ronaldo, with good results.

4. I would doubt it. I'm no expert on the pitch of WHL but I'd imagine that Spurs will have no problem playing at the San Siro as they played against Inter there. The ground should be familiar to them and should not surprise them.

5. I was skeptical at first, but he surpassed my expectations. He fit in quite well, especially when Allegri started playing him up front as an attacking midfielder. I can't wait to have him back with the team. His passing could use some work however, but he's a box to box player and has great fitness and strength.

6. Hate it. Everything about the stadiums in Italy is a huge problem. As some of you may or may not know, the stadiums in Italy are owned by the cities and not the teams, this is a big problem. Juve will be the first big team to go off to their new stadium complex and there are talks that Inter or Milan will be next. I love the San Siro however, so hopefully Inter will leave and Milan can buy the stadium from the city.

7. Milan fans call the stadium the San Siro, Inter fans call it the Giuseppe Meazza.

8. There seem to be no real issues. There were a few speculations about Ibra after videos of him teasing Strasser appeared online and after his fight with Onyewu. However they all appear to be getting along very well on and off the pitch. Ibra and KPB have a very strong friendship. The important thing to note is that when Milan are going to add a player to the squad, Galliani asks the players for their input. If the lockerroom says no, then that's the end of it. Most people were worried about Ibra and van Bommel, but that wasn't a problem either. Van Bommel is a decent guy off the pitch and leaves his anger on the pitch. Ibra and other understand this. Milan is a family oriented team, so if you don't fit in to the family or you don't want to be part of the family, you won't play at Milan.

9. I predict Milan to win at the San Siro. Both sides have injury problems, but Milan has reinforced it's side very well, whereas Spurs have not. I also feel that the Spurs defense won't be able to deal with Milan's attack. However, the big question is the midfield. Whoever is able to control the midfield with all these injuries will have a huge leg up in the game.

10. It would have to be Bale or VdV, however since Bale has been injured if he makes it back there's a good chance he won't be fit. Abate + Gattuso should be able to take care of Bale, especially if he isn't fully fit. So I think VdV is the bigger threat. Someone needs to control him in the midfield and not give him any space. Also Lennon, while not being as much of a threat, he's going to be against a weaker defender, most likely Antonini in which case he might be able to case problems for us.

23. These users say thanks for this post

Dustin (14-02-2011),edmonds44 (14-02-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter