Register To Comment

Status
    RAFAEL VAN DER VAART has been trading insults with Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder ahead of tonight's Champions League showdown.
    The close pals and Dutch international team-mates have been teasing each other relentlessly in the build-up to the return between Tottenham and Inter at White Hart Lane.

San Siro star Sneijder kicked off after the Italian club's amazing 4-3 win over Spurs in Milan last month.

he tweeted a message for Van der Vaart, who missed the match through suspension, saying: "I'm cleaning the Champions League trophy with a Tottenham shirt."

North London's newest hero replied: "Thanks for cleaning it up for me. I'm already creating space in my cup cabinet."

Sneijder has since upped the ante, warning his friend: "We're gonna give you a football lesson in London."

But Van der Vaart pulled no punches as he retorted: "I met your defence in Milan, it didn't look good. It was like cheese with holes in it."

Sneijder has kept up his onslaught, though, reminding Van der Vaart that Inter scored FOUR in the first match by mocking Tottenham's goalkeepers.

He joked: "I found a good goalkeeper on eBay. Shall I send you the link?"

But Van der Vaart replied: "We don't need him, you won't come into our penalty area!"

Sneijder has also mocked English football claiming it is all about power and athleticism not skill and technique.

He said: "In that country football is a game where you have to run as hard as you can from the one end of the pitch to the other, isn't it?"

Sneijder was taking the mickey again last week after Van der Vaart scored from a few inches out in the 1-1 draw against Everton.

He quipped: "Nice goal, but even my six year old cousin would have scored this one."

To which Van der Vaart responded: "These goals also count but at White Hart Lane against you guys I will score from every angle."

Now before anyone from the English or Italian FA thinks about disciplinary charges, they should realise it is just banter between pals.

Van der Vaart grinned: "We have the same sense of humour."

While Sneijder added: "We both started at Ajax of Amsterdam as young kids so we understand each other."

But for once the players who have been team-mates at Ajax, Real Madrid and with Holland will be on opposing sides.

Sneijder concluded: "It's strange and nice at the same time. We have to forget our friendship for a moment, but only on the pitch."

(Im still trying to hunt down their twitter pages, I have no idea about tweeting etc so any help would be good)

COYS

Legend !

Status
    neither twitter pages are authenticated, no im not too sure how 'real' the twitter pages are.

Legend !

Status
    Their twitter names are rafvdvaart. You can find sneijder's in the replies. Twitter doesn't verify everything, lord sugar's account isn't verified either.

The accounts were setup by the Dutch wing of Nike(Nike voetbal) , so it's likely that it's PR / ad agency flacks writing it.

Status

Legend !

Status
    Yep that's the one. Quite funny that's why I'm inclined to believe it's a couple of ad agency guys going back and forth with approval from vdv and sneijder

hey you guys

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by brainiac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Now before anyone from the English or Italian FA thinks about disciplinary charges, they should realise it is just banter between pals....
    Harry Redknapp was only bantering with Mark Clattenburg

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter