Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    Found out a few facts about tonight's ref, name is Damir Skomina, from Slovenia
    He is about the youngest ref on the C/L list at only 33!!!!!!
    Doesn't take too much notice of his linesmen, likes to show cards in big games
    I'm hoping that his young age isn't going to make him weak in the cauldron of the san siro,
    but as we all know, italians do like to do the amateur dramatics when ever they get the
    slightest chance.
    Not feeling great about this choice, would rather have the ref we had at the lane against
    Twente,i think his name was an ancient latin one, peneltus desisionus forspursium givus!

2. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (20-10-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Young can't be good. I want experience. The lads will have to be very careful, we obviously cannot afford another red card.

Player in Training

Status
    if you think about it though, Slovenia is right next to italy so im hoping he is feelin patriotic and supports us

First Team Player

Status
    Alarm Bells for BAE.......?

Player in Training

Status
    You sure weren't kidding about this ref...

hey you guys

Status
    He needs to go back to the most basic training for referees I'm afraid.
    I'd rather have Howard Webb at United next week than another game with that **** slavic referee who doesn't know a foul on a tottenham player when he sees one.

talking in the wind

Status
    you forgot to mention hes pony,and a complete homer

Legend !

Status
    He was quite poor. He decided to set a bad precedent for the game with the cards early. Problem is he then changed his style and let things go a bit. He then whistled fouls what seemed to be only on Spurs. He was all over the place. Consistency is what you expect from a good official and this guy didnt have it.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dave hill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Found out a few facts about tonight's ref, name is Damir Skomina, from Slovenia
    He is about the youngest ref on the C/L list at only 33!!!!!!
    Doesn't take too much notice of his linesmen, likes to show cards in big games
    I'm hoping that his young age isn't going to make him weak in the cauldron of the san siro,
    but as we all know, italians do like to do the amateur dramatics when ever they get the
    slightest chance.
    Not feeling great about this choice, would rather have the ref we had at the lane against
    Twente,i think his name was an ancient latin one, peneltus desisionus forspursium givus!

I consider you personally responsible for jinxing us and getting Gomes a red card

Legend !

Status
    tbh the ref was absolute ****e... I believe it was a red card... Gomes got none of the ball and took out the man... but as for the rest of the game he was rubbish

he was giving EVERYTHING to them if we gave them a slight touch with our laces... I hate foreign referee's in the CL/Europa because they are not used to the good old English Hard (but fair) tackling game...

I hope this referee never ref's another game in the CL/Europa again he was utter crap

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    What his address and phone number!?!?

Legend !

Status
    Didn't really understand the decision to only add two minutes. In the second half there were three goals and five substitutions...surely four minutes was merited? I genuinely think we could have equalised had we been given another two minutes. It's a MASSIVE 'if' but Inter were clearly shell-shocked. Would have bettered Arsenal

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't really understand the decision to only add two minutes. In the second half there were three goals and five substitutions...surely four minutes was merited? I genuinely think we could have equalised had we been given another two minutes. It's a MASSIVE 'if' but Inter were clearly shell-shocked. Would have bettered Arsenal
    I agree. 3 mins should be a given, just from the amount of time is wasted, when the ball is out of play. Including subs and everything, 3 should be the minimum.

Legend !

Status
    Did the 4th official not give three? I thought I saw him give three, and the ref just blew the whistle after 2. That is what made me so upset. However, if I misread that there were actually 3 minutes given then you can't fault the ref I suppose.

Legend !

Status
    nope only 2 minutes were given for stoppage time. I was wondering where all the stoppage time went from the red card. there was only 1 minute in the first half so i figured the 2nd half would have had like 5 minutes to make up for all that plus as you stated the subs coming on. However right at 92:03 the official blew his whistle.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter