Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Player in Training

Status

Legend !

Status
    Wilson's fault though... should have translated it correctly!

Player in Training

Status
    Dunno why but I get this image in my mind of a kid left behind as his classmates leave for the field trip to Disneyland...

Legend !

Status
    That is ridiculous........I feel so sorry for him.

I still don't understand why he's not in our CL squad. We've got enough "homegrown" players to meet UEFA's quota, so why put O'Hara in, who in all likelyhood will not even be fit for any of the group stage games?

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonds44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wilson's fault though... should have translated it correctly!
    Looks like passes in midfield aren't the only thing he's getting wrong lately.....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990Hotspur View Post
    That is ridiculous........I feel so sorry for him.

I still don't understand why he's not in our CL squad. We've got enough "homegrown" players to meet UEFA's quota, so why put O'Hara in, who in all likelyhood will not even be fit for any of the group stage games?
    Very well put .

Legend !

Status
    Absolute joke if true.

Whether Wilson's helping out with translations or not it's Harry's job to tell the squad where they belong. For this lad to think he's heading over til the day before only to find out he'll be playing in a reserve game instead smacks of unprofessionalism

Legend !

Status
    Well lets see, Wilson speaks spanish as a first language while Sandro speaks portegese (sp?) as a first language. so i can see where a mix-up could occur.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steelktm View Post
    Well lets see, Wilson speaks spanish as a first language while Sandro speaks portegese (sp?) as a first language. so i can see where a mix-up could occur.
    i thought the Brazilian language was Portuguese

Legend !

Status
    i thought the Brazilian language was Portuguese
    come on man english isn't really my first language. its more american and in american we just spill **** the way we feel like it.

11. Who Thanked this post

smw79 (19-09-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steelktm View Post
    come on man english isn't really my first language. its more american and in american we just spill **** the way we feel like it.
    i went to America a few years a go and got told by an american that i didnt speak proper English LOL

Legend !

Status
    It was clear what you meant...

I think this is a joke as well, no matter what the language barriers it should be made clear to a player whether or not he's getting on the plane before you get to the airport. I agree Harry might be dubious of including him as he hasn't been here long or played with the team yet but he's gotta be a better choice than some others...

Legend !

Status
    i went to America a few years a go and got told by an american that i didnt speak proper English LOL
    You don't, Edmonds!

If you DID, that sentence would have read:

"I went to America, a few years ago and was told by an American that I didn't speak English properly"!!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BrumSpur View Post
    You don't, Edmonds!

If you DID, that sentence would have read:

"I went to America, a few years ago and was told by an American that I didn't speak English properly"!!

thats was the whole reason i wrote it that way lol thats exactly what they said to me... sorry i should have put a quote around it

'i didnt speak proper English'

VIP Member

Status
    I'm not sure I even believe this story.

I watched the squad leaving on SSN earlier & they were all having their tickets checked. It just makes no sense that, if the squad all traveled together, how Sandro would get all the way to the departure lounge before being told. Also, the squad has been available for weeks. There is absolutely no way we would all know Sandro was not in it & not the player himself.

I'm not even sure we went via Stanstead.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter