Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    It's still early, but we're 1/4 of the way through the Championship season so I thought perhaps we could begin discussing a) who we'd like to see promoted next season (as well as who we expect to see) and b) who we'd like to see relegated/who we expect to see relegated.

Here's my early list.

Like to see promoted:
    Southampton
    Leeds
    Brighton

Expect to see promoted:
    West Ham
    Southampton
    Middlesbrough

Like to see relegated:
    Blackburn
    Wigan
    Sunderland (Sunderland because after the American owners talk of scrapping relegation I'm all in favor of getting rid of them ASAP.)

Expect to see relegated:
    Blackburn
    Wigan
    Bolton (This one is really close, for me it's down to these guys, Norwich, Swansea or Everton. I think the world of Coyle but that 22 goals against tally really freaks me out - and they'll probably be losing Cahill in January so it could get worse. When you concede that many, you just don't have any chance of staying up.)

Interesting this is right now all three promoted sides are looking good. I think QPR stays up this year, Swansea and Norwich will be close - could see them in a last day relegation scrap a la Wigan, Wolves, and Blackburn last year. But I think they survive. Blackburn is absolutely woeful. I can't see Wigan surviving again - esp. minus N'Zogbia. And until Bolton sorts out their defense, I can't see them staying up - and I don't see what they can do to fix their defense.

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    I think Southampton will get promoted - they certainly rogered the Dildo Twins last night.

I'd like to see Reading and Brighton go up too.

Legend !

Status
    Would kinda like to see Forest come up, but the only ones that are standing out to me for promotion are Southampton. As for going down, I say Swans, Blackburn, QPR, with Wigan being the latters big hope of staying up. I said before the season that Norwich would be the ones to stay up, and I'm sticking with that, even though the others have impressed me more than I thought they would, especially Swans. I honestly thought they would set the record for fewest points in a season.

Legend !

Status
    To come up I really want Saints as their my best mates team and sort of my 2nd if I had one. Also if Reading and Brighton came up as well all three away games would be within 50 miles of me

To go down I want to see Wolves, Wigan and Bolton go down.

Legend !

Status
    In fairness to Bolton, they've played Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in their first 8 games. They can't be expected to take too much out of those games. I'm sure they'll pick up over the next couple of months when the play some of the mid-table/lower sides.

6. Who Thanked this post

rossdfc (19-10-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CmonyouSpurs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In fairness to Bolton, they've played Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in their first 8 games. They can't be expected to take too much out of those games. I'm sure they'll pick up over the next couple of months when the play some of the mid-table/lower sides.
    Yeah...there's no way they will be relegation candidates by the end of the season. They have had the hardest start in the league so far, and other teams that will be down there like QPR have had very easy ones.

Like to see promoted:
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Southampton

Expect to see promoted:
    West Ham
    Middlesbrough
    Southampton

Like to see relegated:
    Wigan
    Blackburn
    Swansea

Expect to see relegated:
    Wigan
    Norwich
    QPR

Legend !

Status
    I don't know about you guys but I would love to see Arsenal relegated.

Would like to see Southhampton promoted. Would never want to see Wolves get relegated it wouldn't be a season without Wolves in it.

Legend !

Status
    I'd like to see these three get promoted:

Palace
    Brighton
    Pompey

Since none of those will, I sort of expect:

Southampton
    Spammers
    Boro

Although the Championship never works like that, so I actually doubt all three of those will come up.

First Team Player

Status
    WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP. maybe? if this form continues? Ok its a long shot but i'm an optimist.

Legend !

Status
    Great win for you guys today. I'd like forest, Donny and derby to go up just because they're all within 30 miles of them

Status
    A bit off topic but I just checked Forest goal difference -12 and they've only played 18 games. Yesh.... Come on Forest!

Good to see Millwall near the relegation zone though.

First Team Player

Status
    Like to see promoted:
    Middlesborough
    Leeds
    Nottm Forest

Expect to see promoted:
    Southampton
    West Ham
    Cardiff

Love to see relegated:
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Man Utd

Expect to see relegated:
    Bolton
    Swansea
    Wolves

Banned !

Status
    Like to see promoted:
    Birmingham (Naturally)
    West Ham (Well supported club)
    Leeds or Forest (Well supported clubs)

Expect to see promoted:
    West Ham
    Southampton

Like to see relegated:
    Blackburn
    Wigan
    Bolton

All clubs with poor support and some how manage to stay in the league each year. They're all boring to watch as well.

Expect to see relegated:

Blackburn
    Wigan
    Bolton

Legend !

Status
    I want Wolves to go down, I am absolutely sick of playing them.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBlueNose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like to see promoted:
    Birmingham (Naturally)
    West Ham (Well supported club)
    Leeds or Forest (Well supported clubs)

Expect to see promoted:
    West Ham
    Southampton

Like to see relegated:
    Blackburn
    Wigan
    Bolton

All clubs with poor support and some how manage to stay in the league each year. They're all boring to watch as well.

Expect to see relegated:

Blackburn
    Wigan
    Bolton

I hope they stay down forever, growing up they used to be second on my hate list, probably still are. You get a pass though being a Birmingham fan though.

I'd like to see of Forest, Leeds and Birmingham up (Hughton).

That's not likely to happen, especially Forest who are abysmal.

So of the clubs who still have a chance, I'd like to see Leeds, Birmingham and Cardiff.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter