Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

THTV Donator

Status
    Blimey! I can't believe it , but this fight is not PPV on Sky Sports (unless you include the extortionate Sky Sports monthly mugging!).

I expect Khan to outclass Peterson - who is tough and has only lost 1 from 31 fights, but I don't think he's in Khan's league. I predict Khan to win by knockout in three rounds, he doesn't want to hang around - as Peterson has 15 KOs in his 29 wins!

Klitschko has pulled out of his fight that was due to be on the same Sky programme.

Also, Ashley Theophane was supposed to fight Nigel Wright who has pulled out - now Theophane fights Ben Walker. No idea how this will go. Walker's lost 4 from 12 so I expect Theophane will mullah him, but you never know do you?

Legend !

Status
    Aye should be a good fight...I expect Khan to win
    Good day for sports on saturday..3pm kick-offs then el classico then the fight..Sorted
    Then sunday Stoke-Spurs
    Thats my weekend sorted

Status
    Khan is going to have to knock him out to win .

Legend!

Status
    this could be a good fight. really looking forward to it

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Khan is going to have to knock him out to win .
    A knockout for Kahn would do it, but if he doesn't get knocked out himself he'll win on points - BUT Lamont can bang a bit so he'd better watch out!

Banned !

Status
    Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson, billed as Capitol Showdown, is a Super-Lightweight championship fight for the IBF & WBA Super World titles. The fight will take place in the Convention Center in Washington, D.C., United States, on 10 December 2011.Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson Live Stream Online Boxing

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hemanthjava View Post
    Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson, billed as Capitol Showdown, is a Super-Lightweight championship fight for the IBF & WBA Super World titles. The fight will take place in the Convention Center in Washington, D.C., United States, on 10 December 2011.Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson Live Stream Online Boxing
    I think Khan currently fights at light-welterweight but is looking to step up to welterweight next year if Bradley, and Morales keep avoiding his offers for fights then he will have to move up a division anyway, although he does want to unify tghis division there is no point in waiting for Morales & Bradley if they are just gonna keep tirning big money offers down. Khan will find fighters who have the courage to fight him if he goes up a weight division and could potentialy bag a fight with Mayweather next year if things go right for him.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DorsetSpursFan View Post
    A knockout for Kahn would do it, but if he doesn't get knocked out himself he'll win on points - BUT Lamont can bang a bit so he'd better watch out!
    Not possible for a Brit to win on points in the USA , it has to be a knockout , just ask Lennox Lewis .

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    Not possible for a Brit to win on points in the USA , it has to be a knockout , just ask Lennox Lewis .
    Oh I remember Lennox getting robbed that night:

Wikipedia: The raw statistics of the fight suggested the bout belonged to Lewis, who landed 348 punches compared to Holyfield's 130. Lewis also out-jabbed Holyfield 137 to 52. Judge Eugenia Williams, who scored the fight in Holyfield's favour, said she saw Lewis land fewer punches than Holyfield.

I know mugging used to be really common in New York, Lennox sure got mugged that night!

I used to go to a lot of boxing matches when I lived in the smoke, I remember being ringside for Lewis v Mason , fcuk me those guys were GIANTS! Garry sadly passed away this year, a giant of a man inside the ring and a really nice bloke out of the ring, killed in a cycling accident - RIP big man, you could have been a contender without the eye problems. Lewis was never really accepted in the UK IMO - I thought he was a pucker champ, just 2 freak defeats and that silly draw from 44 bouts.

Waffling again - back to the Kahn fight .... So, you reckon a bet on the draw might be worthwhile or has Eugenia Williams retired from 'judging' ? OH Bugger, now I HAVE to bet on it as I will be grumpy as fcuk if it IS a draw!!!! 5 at 55-1 on Betfair has been invested

Status
    Thanks for the reminder, I had no idea this wasnt pay per view! Where was that record button..

Legend !

Status
    Disgrace.....what a load of ****e referee.

2 penalty points, unbelievable!

Legend !

Status
    What a fix - even with two points deducted Amir still won by two or three rounds, Peterson came in low every time and the ref did nothing what a total farce ..... boxing has always been a joke and this one was a disgrace .... how can you have a SIX point difference on judges cards, just laughable .....

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Too be honest, what do you expect in D.C?!?!

Like Amir said, you have to win by a large margin just to win narrowly! But Amir won narrowly, so naturally lost the match.

Boxing needs to be kept out of some places, and D.C is one of them.

Legend !

Status
    Was a good fight apart from the refereeing and the the judging. Never mind, I'm off to bed as I'm going to stoke in the morning. COYS!!

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdfc View Post
    Disgrace.....what a load of ****e referee.

2 penalty points, unbelievable!
    And let's not forget the knockdown in the first round that the ref missed. Had he seen that it would have been a draw. Poor decision overall, as I thought Khan just edged it. However, Khan should know more than most that US judges go for fighters going forward.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter