Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    I couldn't find a thread about the other leagues grounds..

I'm trying to do the '92' (visit every football league ground)

I'd though I'd start this thread to help other people help 'Finish' there '92'..

If you have any grounds to request, I'll either review them and give directions, or ill try to go to them!
    A couple of League 2 grounds linded up for the next couple of weekends
    Last edited by Ramsingh; 16-01-2012 at 10:01 PM.

First Team Player

Status
    AFC Wimbledon - The Cherry Red Records Stadium AKA Kingsmeadow

afcwimbledon_aerial.jpg
    Nice little ground, small, basic facilities - All thought I do remember there being something like 3 burger vans for one stand, so food won't be a problem.

Easy to get to;

By Road -
    From Outside London:
    M25 Junction 10, take the A3 northbound into London. At the exit for New Malden/Worcester Park, turn off and take the left into Malden Road (A2043) towards Kingston. Follow this to the next roundabout. Take the first exit into Kingston Road (A2043 still) and Kingsmeadow is one mile on the left.

From Central London:
    Take the A3 out of London, exiting at New Malden/Worcester Park. Cross over the A3, and take the Malden Road (A2043) towards Kingston. Follow this to the next roundabout. Take the first exit into Kingston Road (A2043 still) and Kingsmeadow is one mile on the left.

By Train -
    Get to Norbiton station and walk the 10-15 minute walk. Towards the ground, either follow the snake of home fans or leave the station via the back exit (Westbound platform), and take the first left onto Norbiton Avenue. At the end of the avenue, turn right Gloucester Road, and at the end of Gloucester Road turn left into Cambridge Road. The entrance to Kingsmeadow is 400 yards down on the right, with the away entrance a little further on past this on the right hand side and is well sign posted.

Served by Clapham Junction and Wimbledon - I personally live outside of London, so I took the overground to Finsbury Park, took the tube to Vauxhall and then from Vauxhall to Norbiton. - The trains from Vauxhall will be from platform 8 (If my memory serves me right), and will be the train to Strawberry Hill.

-----------------------------
    The match I went to was a 1st round FA cup match vs S****horpe - a Nil, Nil draw, very boring. The atmosphere was mediocre, but the food was good!
    -----------------------------

A decent day out, I recommend getting there a little bit early, as the standing stands get full quickly, and I got a bit of a crap view.

(If I have left anything else out - please just ask!) (Driving directions from "Footballgroundguides.com")
    Last edited by Ramsingh; 16-01-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter