Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

THTV Donator

Status
    Who do you think would win?

First Team Player

Status
    Oregon. I'm so confident that I have five doubloons riding on it.

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheretheheckistottenham? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oregon. I'm so confident that I have five doubloons riding on it.
    @Wheretheheckistottenham? - 1,000 Doubloons on an Auburn win (Cam Newton will be a factor), fancy a wager?

Status
    Auburn's defensive backs are horrible, I have a feeling this will be the difference. Oregon...

First Team Player

Status
    You're on, Heroes!

6. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (10-01-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Oregon solely because I hate the SEC.

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheretheheckistottenham? View Post
    You're on, Heroes!
    @Wheretheheckistottenham? - just quoting this just in case you decide to edit ?

Guess I'm the only one (so far) who thinks that Auburn could win.

Would it be worth logging on tomorrow or should I hide for a day should the result go the other way lol?

Status
    Auburn could definitely win but Oregon are being overlooked simply because they're from the Pac-10. My gripe is with the SEC, that's why I'm rooting for Oregon. The commentators in this country refuse to do any logical analysis and basically are picking Auburn because they play in the SEC and they have won the past 4 championships. They way they make it seem is that the SEC was so dominant and steam rolled their way into those games when a lot of things had to happen for them to get there. Take last year, Auburn plays a little better defense and Alabama doesn't get there. In 2007 if everyone didn't collapse LSU never goes into the title game. Also, if Clemson makes a field goal against this years SEC representative they're playing in the Sugar Bowl. Then look at who they beat, I mean who hasn't beaten Ohio State and Oklahoma?

The "dominant" period from the SEC IMO is a little overrated because they never played the most dominant team outside of the SEC, The USC Fighting Trojans. Partly our fault but also the media never gave the Pac-10 the credit it deserved. So when we would lose to Stanford or Oregon, it would kill how we were perceived nationally. I think now some fans are starting to realize what we were dealing with. Pac-10 teams never played a brilliant OOC schedule but it was competitive in conference. This reason among many others is why we need a playoff. Teams mainly SC typically play their best football come the end of the year but because of one slip up earlier in the year our whole season is ruined. Bull****.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 10-01-2011 at 05:50 PM.

10. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (10-01-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    I'm totally good for it @HeroesComesandGoes although you might have to jump into the poker room and help with the transfer.

As for Oregon, I got my degree there when they were living in the bottom of the Pac 10. I can't help but root for them now. Doubly so since they're not a traditional powerhouse. Nothing like having new blood at the top.

Status
    Oregon blew it, again. Well let me rephrase that Darron Thomas blew it, he had a terrible game. If he made better decisions Oregon wins by two touchdowns.

At least they have the consolation of having this game wiped from the record books when the inevitable investigation starts.

THTV Donator

Status
    It was a close game and Auburn did play well with their 2 point conversions and trick plays.

Status
    All in all it was actually a decent game. Better then last year which was decided in the first quarter. The NFL playoffs already has been much more entertaining then this years entire bowl season.

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    All in all it was actually a decent game. Better then last year which was decided in the first quarter. The NFL playoffs already has been much more entertaining then this years entire bowl season.
    I agree - Seahawk's win over the Saints was amazing...

First Team Player

Status
    See below..................
    Last edited by Wheretheheckistottenham?; 11-01-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: I had no idea that I had managed to post twice. Second post was better.

First Team Player

Status
    Oregon (as a whole), you never fail to disappoint.

@HeroesComesandGoes, there are some interesting NFL games coming up. Care for the opportunity to double your winnings?

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter