Register To Comment
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Any fantasy football fans for American football?

Status
    Ding Ding Ding.....have 5 teams on ESPN, would like to play for money though but didnt do that this season.

Legend !

Status
    My extended family did a league for the first time this year, building off our March Madness pool (I won!), and we had to do an auto draft. Sucks but I've got a stacked team. Just wondering how anyone else fared.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by USpur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any fantasy football fans for American football?
    Yeah I got smoked week 1? The guy I was playing had Peyton Manning, Matt Forte and Arian Foster, 139 points to 64. My point total suffered because Desean Jackson suddenly decided not to catch passes.....

That son of a bitch Arian Foster 41 points in week 1
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 17-09-2010 at 02:43 AM.

Status
    Nice, we should have started 1 on one of the sites

my top team has

Manning
    Jones Drew
    Arian Foster
    Peyton Hillis
    Donald Driver
    Miles Austin
    Tony Gonzalez
    Packers D
    Rob Bironas

but almost every team i have has 2 top wide receivers, and at least 1 decent RB.

Legend !

Status
    Had a rough week 1, but looking to bounce back.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    Nice, we should have started 1 on one of the sites

my top team has

Manning
    Jones Drew
    Arian Foster
    Peyton Hillis
    Donald Driver
    Miles Austin
    Tony Gonzalez
    Packers D
    Rob Bironas

but almost every team i have has 2 top wide receivers, and at least 1 decent RB.
    Everyone seems to have Miles Austin this season. I think I will get into this fantasy football thing next year but since I am a noob someone please explain how it works.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Javi View Post
    Everyone seems to have Miles Austin this season. I think I will get into this fantasy football thing next year but since I am a noob someone please explain how it works.
    He exploded mid way through last season, and is one of the top 5 WR in the fantasy league. Basically before the season starts you have a draft with about 10 different people (teams). You get 1 pick a round which is randomized by the computer, so getting the #1 or 2 pick is good but say if you're #10 usually you get the #11 pick as well so you could get 2 very good players. So you draft player by player, it takes about 30min to an hour to do. Then once you're done drafting you have a team that includes a QB, 2 RB, a "flex player" which can either be another RB or a WR, 2 WR, TE, Defensive team, and place kicker. Then on your bench you usually have a back up QB, and whoever else you want either a ton of RB or WR, a defense, kicker, tight end....because you have to replace your starters when they have a bye week. Then you play team vs team throughout every week in the NFL....your players score points like for every 10 yards your RB gets you get 1 point, 25 yards thrown by a QB gets you 1 point, touchdowns are 6 points, defensive points count for interceptions, kick off returns, sacks, and how many points they allow and then the place kicker ie the distance of his kicks get you higher points.

Ive learned a lot about the game doing this (because it makes me watch it!) and I really enjoy it, especially in leagues where you can play for money.

9. Who Thanked this post

Javi (17-09-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    He exploded mid way through last season, and is one of the top 5 WR in the fantasy league. Basically before the season starts you have a draft with about 10 different people (teams). You get 1 pick a round which is randomized by the computer, so getting the #1 or 2 pick is good but say if you're #10 usually you get the #11 pick as well so you could get 2 very good players. So you draft player by player, it takes about 30min to an hour to do. Then once you're done drafting you have a team that includes a QB, 2 RB, a "flex player" which can either be another RB or a WR, 2 WR, TE, Defensive team, and place kicker. Then on your bench you usually have a back up QB, and whoever else you want either a ton of RB or WR, a defense, kicker, tight end....because you have to replace your starters when they have a bye week. Then you play team vs team throughout every week in the NFL....your players score points like for every 10 yards your RB gets you get 1 point, 25 yards thrown by a QB gets you 1 point, touchdowns are 6 points, defensive points count for interceptions, kick off returns, sacks, and how many points they allow and then the place kicker ie the distance of his kicks get you higher points.

Ive learned a lot about the game doing this (because it makes me watch it!) and I really enjoy it, especially in leagues where you can play for money.
    Thanks for the info Spursman ill def give this a try in the future!

Status
    It might sound like its confusing but its really easy and fun to play, I'd recommend it for sure.

Also I think on nfl.com you could still play but I use ESPN.

Status
    Should I start MeSean this week? He didn't catch a pass till the 3rd quarter week 1. With Vick starting I'm not sure he can get the ball to him enough, running QB's typically love the TE.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    Should I start MeSean this week? He didn't catch a pass till the 3rd quarter week 1. With Vick starting I'm not sure he can get the ball to him enough, running QB's typically love the TE.
    you mean DeSean right? Seeing how they're playing the Lions I'd stay any Eagle, he'll get at least a touchdown....but it depends on who your other options are.

talking in the wind

Status
    im confused????????????????????

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcire View Post
    im confused????????????????????
    with what??

Player in Training

Status
    I've been in a keeper league for eight years. My mainstay has been Antonio Gates - I've had him for 5-6 years and he always delivers. It's a 16-team league so the talent is spread pretty thin. I've got MJD and a surprisingly productive Darren McFadden (so far!) so we'll see how it goes. Flacco did little for me in Week 1 but I have faith...

For fantasy purposes I don't think American football can be beat. I've tried baseball and basketball (college and pro) but the fantasy game just isn't as fun. I think football having one game per week is key. I have some friends who play EPL fantasy leagues but they say it's not really fun - not enough good individual stats.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter