Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Wow...

Legend !

Status
    How many houses did Johnson get to play for USC? I kid, I kid.

Status
    not something that really registers with me, but enjoy...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by USpur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many houses did Johnson get to play for USC? I kid, I kid.
    Why do people constantly try to link USC players to pay to play? Nothing that Reggie or his parents did in anyway benefited USC, the agents were trying to get him to leave school early, how does that help USC.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    Why do people constantly try to link USC players to pay to play? Nothing that Reggie or his parents did in anyway benefited USC, the agents were trying to get him to leave school early, how does that help USC.
    The issue was a lack of administrative control. In my mind, every big school cheats. I went to Purdue and I'm sure our basketball program has broken many, many rules. USC was just so popular during the Bush/Leinert run that the spotlight of investigation was bound to fall upon them. Look at all the suspensions this year and you can tell that impropriety is not solely based in socal.

Status
    The issue was a lack of administrative control. In my mind, every big school cheats. I went to Purdue and I'm sure our basketball program has broken many, many rules. USC was just so popular during the Bush/Leinert run that the spotlight of investigation was bound to fall upon them. Look at all the suspensions this year and you can tell that impropriety is not solely based in socal.
    The evidence for lack of institutional control boils down to the NCAA believing the testimony of a convicted felon over USC coaches. The only link that they claim to have between the agents and USC complacency is the alleged phone call between Lake and McNair. Which they have been advised by consul that it wouldn't be admissible in court, and those with knowledge of the tape claim the link isn't solid at all. In talks with alums in the know with the investigation they've told me that the NCAA didn't even take up USC's offer to review phone records in the hearing.

It's not like I don't believe that Reggie got any benefits clearly he did, I just take exception to the notion that the University was involved. What this whole situation comes down to is that the NCAA is trying to protect it's cash cow and decided to make an example out of us so that it would ward off agents trying to get kids to jump ship early. LOIC in my opinion is a harsh punishment for the allegations. Take Florida State for decades it's been accused and found guilty of similar indiscretions and time after time got a slap on the wrist. Florida State was found to be at fault in tutors hired by the school giving test results to students, now that's LOIC, that's a school literally cheating for the benefit of winning games. But in the minds of fans across the country USC is the big bad bully and they think Pete Carrol is smug, wouldn't you be if you won 7 straight Pac-10 titles and 2 National Championships. They don't afford the same criticism to Bobby Bowden, why because he's folksy and talks with a southern drawl.

As I said before USC did not benefit from the Reggie Bush affair, the agent was there to convince him to leave early. No benefits were given till well into his time at USC. With OJ Mayo i'll admit that cant be defended, I hate that ******* Tim Floyd. Basketball is a sespool of shady characters, I say pay the athletes and have NCAA and NFL/NBA controlled pre-agencies. It would only be in the revenue producing sports and as with liquor sales if it's controlled with some guidelines it would drive out shady characters.

Boiler Up!!!
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 05-09-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Legend !

Status
    looks like another long and painful season for UofL so i think i may have to skipp college football and just wait for college bball to start up. though i will still try and get to a game at the expaned stadium for football. may have to check out our new bball stadium in downtown louisville.

Legend !

Status
    I go to Texas A&M and we won out opening game.

The atmosphere at college games is amazing.....I cant wait for the Texas Tech and Oklahoma games this year at Kyle Field

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LukaModric2010 View Post
    I go to Texas A&M and we won out opening game.

The atmosphere at college games is amazing.....I cant wait for the Texas Tech and Oklahoma games this year at Kyle Field
    I'm looking forward to your home game against Nebraska, I will be watching all the Nebraska away games just to see how they are treated by the opposing fans.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steelktm View Post
    looks like another long and painful season for UofL so i think i may have to skipp college football and just wait for college bball to start up. though i will still try and get to a game at the expaned stadium for football. may have to check out our new bball stadium in downtown louisville.
    You guys have that awesome BBall arena on the way.

Just got done watching the Boise State v Va Tech game, will people get that team some respect already. Since USC can't win it this year they're one of my bandwagon teams.

THTV Donator

Status
    I take it that you're bandwagon team is Boise State because the majority of their players are from California? I did watch bits of that game last night (first qtr)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    I take it that you're bandwagon team is Boise State because the majority of their players are from California? I did watch bits of that game last night (first qtr)
    Nah I just want to see a small school win it, then in two years put the world back on axis and see the Trojans win #12.

THTV Donator

Status
    Watched Sports Centre this morning, nail biting stuff in that game...

Legend !

Status
    The Boise State-VT game last night was great. I still don't know how I feel about Boise playing in the NC after playing two good teams.

Legend !

Status
    I'm looking forward to your home game against Nebraska, I will be watching all the Nebraska away games just to see how they are treated by the opposing fans.
    Yeah!! Thats our maroon out game, so everyone will be wearing maroon, like everyone. Its a pretty bg game, we will give them hell for sure

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter